Functioning within a regulatory framework enhances transparency and trust, leading to increased mutual benefits to all parties involved. Cyprus as a financial centre has developed a strong regulatory financial services framework, entrenched by the relevant EU directives and regulations, allowing for the set-up of regulated entities in Cyprus which are competitive and cost effective.
E. Tzioni & Associates LLC has a wide experience in licensing matters, including licensing of Cyprus investment firms (CIFs), alternative investment funds, alternative investment fund managers, administrative service providers and other entities regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission. E. Tzioni & Associates LLC has also strong experience in licensing matters related to the Central Bank of Cyprus. The firm also undertakes other types of licensing procedures provided in Cyprus legislation. The firm also provides support after licensing for the entity’s ongoing compliance with the relevant legislation. Indicatively, below are the services offered:
Advising clients on the relevant framework, legal requirements, structural set up, corporate governance, internal control requirements, and transaction and regulatory reporting structures such as anti-money laundering policies, conflicts of interest management, as well as market manipulation regulation, insider dealing laws and requirements for disclosing securities interests.
- Undertaking of licensing process, including the preparation and/or completion of a full CySEC notification package, including the collection and/or preparation of all required documentation e.g. relevant application, questionnaires with respect to persons and entities involved based on KYC documents/information to be provided, preparation of other necessary documentation. It is understood that the KYC process and collection of KYC documentation and communication with clients will be performed on your end;
- Preparation of the Offering Memorandum and necessary policies and manuals of the entity according to the type of entity involved.
- Preparation of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the entity (or other constitutional documents, according to the type of entity involved);
- Submission of the application and acting as liaison point with CySEC throughout the licensing process until final licensing.
- Formation of the corporate vehicle via which a license will be pursued and drafting of specialised constitutional documents in accordance with the requirements laid down in the relevant laws.
- Appointment of non-executive directors on the board of directors of licensed entities.
- Provision of compliance services including the appointment of AMLTF and regulatory compliance officers.
- Ongoing corporate support services throughout the lifetime of the entity.